- 시간당 수업료 50000원
- 답변 시간 24h
죄송해요, 지금은 수업을 할 수 없습니다.
Statistics, or research methods for social sciences. PhD who has taught university courses.
- 튜터분이 정한 곳에서
- 화상 수업
I offer individualized tutoring in statistics, data analysis, coding in R, and quantitative research methods for social sciences.
I prefer to teach you at my home in Mabuk-dong. I can go to your location if you prefer, but there will be extra costs for that.
I teach in English only. I don't speak Korean.
I can teach you any of the following concepts and skills, as you prefer:
• The scientific method
• How to form research questions in terms of quantitative variables
• How to recognize different types of variables
• Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode
• Measures of spread: range, variance, standard deviation
• Quantiles: median, quartiles, percentiles
• How to choose the right type of comparisons or tests for the given situation (e.g. difference-of-means comparisons, difference-of-proportions comparisons, correlation coefficients, etc)
• How to use R to produce plots or graphs to show the results of a comparison or test
• Problems of causal inference, and some solutions for these problems (e.g. experiments or control variables)
• Basic probability theory
• Bayesian reasoning
• Sampling distributions and standard errors
• Margin of error and confidence intervals
• Hypothesis tests and p-values
• Power analysis
• Statistical models: Linear models, probability models, binomial logit/probit models, ordered logit models, multinomial logit models, count models, tobit models, time-series models
• Estimating and plotting marginal effects
I can help you prepare for the AP (Advanced Placement) Statistics exam if you want.
If you wish, I can help you conduct your own original research project. (This could be valuable to you if you are soon applying for college or graduate school. An original research project could look very good in your application portfolio.)
• We can discuss a research topic that interests you.
• I can help you turn your general interest into a specific research question.
• I can help you identify what existing data sources could be useful for testing your research question. (If necessary, depending on the situation, we can even discuss how to produce your own survey and collect your own survey data. This would involve extra costs.)
• I can then help you analyze the data using R (or Excel if you prefer) and help you produce tables, plots, or graphs to show your results.
- 모든 수준
James 튜터님 소개
I'm an American living in Korea. I have BS, MA, and PhD degrees. I have taught courses in statistics and research methods at an American university, including courses for undergraduate university students and courses for graduate students. I have also offered individual tutoring for university students and for high-school students.
- 5시간 250000원
- 10시간 500000원